Kissing The Face of God

Kissing The Face of God
Kissing the Face of God

Friday, January 4, 2013

Brand New Blog!

Opening Blog Post


January 4th, 2013

Just a beginning post to introduce myself to the blogger community! I have long admired many of the lovely blogs in the blogosphere of Catholic ladies, such as Conversion Diary, Shower of Roses, etc, and so, with the help of my youngest boy the computer whiz, I have decided to give it a shot.  

I am 48, live in central Texas (though I long to move somewhere cool, green and forested)with my dear husband, a retired repairman and ham radio afficionado, and two of my three sons, Daniel age 13 and Tanner age 21. The oldest, Shepherd, is 29 and engaged to be married this spring. 

We also have two doggies, Max, a border collie/cattle dog mix, and Sukey, a german shepherd/cattle dog mix.  

I recently became a Catholic, having been confirmed in June of 2012, and love learning more and more about this rich and beautiful faith! I was raised nominally protestant, but seldom attended church, and became a bit of an agnostic as I aged, growing more and more skeptical about the existence of God. However, just after Christmas in 2010, I wandered into our nearby catholic church, St Thomas More, and was received with open arms and much love.  My mind opened up to new possibilities, and learning more about the original church of Jesus Christ opened my eyes to the love of God.  And here I am. 

I hope to post regularly as I learn more about the technicalities of having a blog, linking to things, etc and any helpful hints are more than welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment