Kissing The Face of God

Kissing The Face of God
Kissing the Face of God

Friday, February 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

1)   I have no earthly idea who all of a sudden my blog will not allow me to reply to comments or add my own comments--when I try, I get a combox that is cut off at the top and unclickable and I cannot type in it.  Please know that if you have left me a comment in the past few days, my lack of response is not due to rudeness, but rather, computer ineptitude.  Which, by the way, I have a lot of.

I need that key!


2)   When I was 12, I became obsessed with Gone With the Wind. I saw it with my mom and aunt at a downtown theater that was having a revival, and I was mesmerized! Those dresses! The drama! The pageantry! I promptly read the whole book and was further entranced. I read books about the making of the movie. I got the album, and memorized all the themes and music.  I duped my poor, non-driving mother into taking three buses down to a tacky theater near the beach to see it again. And so, what could my poor mother do but contract with a florist/dressmaker to create a period gown for 12 year old me, complete with hoopskirt, bonnet, parasol and hanky. I had my hair done and went to get my portrait made in the taffeta gown, and then wore it for trick or treat that year, and then it was laid away forever. But BOY was that a cool gift!

The spittin' image of the old South, right?


3) Just pondering how far things have come since the only computer in our high school was the huge "Careers Computer" in the counselor's office, where you could go and answer a few questions and it would spit out your ideal career choices. I remember well that mine were "Ballet Mistress" (I had never taken ballet in my life) and "Veterinarian Tech" (I was allergic to guinea pigs and long haired cats and dogs).  Now, everyone in my son's school has their own laptop it seems as well as a smart phone.

A little something like this


4)   I'm sorry, but since finding Etsy, which I love, I cannot stop laughing at this blog that makes ongoing fun of Etsy's more "eclectic" offerings, such as knitted cozies for your apples, nose warmers, etc. It's too great not to share:   http://www.kraftomatic.com

Cries for Help


5)  Why oh why must I play Farmville 2 ?  There is no excuse, no reason to grown curly purple kale, no need for an Indian peacock on my modest farm, none of that. So why do it? Because sometimes you just need something utterly mindless, especially when your mind is teeming with terror.

6)  Speaking of which, we are taking my husband to the oncologist on monday as well as a second liver doctor. Please pray for us, for God's will, and for my husband to come to Christ through his illness, and for strength for our family.

7)  And on that note, I am gonna cheat and use #7 to say I have to hit the hay. Blessings to you all, and thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment