Kissing The Face of God

Kissing The Face of God
Kissing the Face of God

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beauty in Darkness

Although I did not know it at the time, I can see so clearly now why the Lord led me to my Catholic faith two years ago. I did not know how much I would need Him, but He did. He led me right to where I needed to be. And then, when I resisted doing the CRHP retreat and formation, He pushed me several times until I did, and now, I have so many devoted friends helping me through this dark and scary time.

Also, I have found daily Mass to be such a comfort--Holy Communion, the peace of God's house, the words of encouragement from one and all, the dear ladies who pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet after Mass each morning....it's so very needed.

I just got done taking the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry class last weekend, so hopefully now I can soon volunteer in the nursery or preschool or maybe in RE--I need the faces and laughter of little ones right now. How can you resist teaching little faces about Jesus?


My husband is coming home for the weekend from M.D. Anderson hospital in Houston, before going back monday for final treatment recommendations.  He is having a liver biopsy tomorrow to find out what drug would be best to use.  They are not expecting a cure, as there is metastasis, possibly to the T4 vertebra and esophagus, but they will be doing chemo and radiation to control spread and extend life hopefully. Please keep him in your prayers.

MD Anderson



I ask also for prayers for our 13 year old son who has Aspergers (a milder form of autism), ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder.  Without going into great detail, this has been a very difficult year for him, at school and at home, and  his symptoms and aggression are very poorly controlled medically. He really needs inpatient treatment right now, and his Dr agrees, but our state is 48th in the nation on spending for mental health care and there isn't a single place that will take him without his being actively suicidal or homicidal unless we have good insurance, which we don't.  Things are rapidly rising to a boiling point and he is failing all his subjects in school, refusing to do anything anyone tells him, stealing from us, etc.  We are at a loss.  Right now, with all the other stress going on, it just is almost more than I can bear.

Thank you for your prayers and love!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you--that is very kind. It does seem like a lot to take right now--or at any time. There is even more to the story that makes it more difficult still, but it just seems like it's too depressing to have nothing but "oh woe is me" posts on here when I should be displaying faith in God to pull us through this.

      Delete